7.28.2009

Plague of the Puzzle Master

Growing up, I was in gifted classes. What does this mean? Well, it means that year after year I was removed from the memorization of normal school work and placed into programs that trained children to use logic. I remember those daily practices of training my mind to see patterns, and to then apply that pattern to what the answer should be. This stuff is fun. These are the things that puzzles are solved by. Here's the problem though:
The way God wants me to live goes against that process. God wants me to be fluid. God wants me to constantly be looking to Him to find out what to do next, not to look at what I've done already and logically process what the next linear event should be. Cool? Alright, now that that matter is resolved...
Or is it? I find myself often going through this refining process where I am broken, and then in my brokenness, am sifted through and made stronger and more pure. That run on sentence sums up a very complex and long process, but you get the idea. The end of each cycle of this process is the part where I am able to see all of the amazing stuff that God has been doing while I was crying. At this point I feel incredible. I feel so in touch with the Holy spirit and what the Lord is showing me that it is just pure strength and joy. And then I wake up the next morning, remembering how I felt the day before... and I want to continue that. So, rather than continue the posture that allowed me to be in acceptance of whatever the Lord wanted me to do or feel, I do something else. My logical, pattern oriented side comes out and I begin to attempt to recreate the ACTIONS that I did the previous day.
Lesson:
When God calls you to do something and you respond by willingly doing it, the incredible things that happen will take your breath away.
So often we want to be used by God, and instead of looking for what He calls us to do in that moment, we go to do the same sort of thing that He called us to do last time... and guess what? Nothing happens.
Think about that with intensity. Examples. Memories. It's valid.

2 comments:

danielle said...

smart look. smart content too. smarty-pants.

Cole NeSmith said...

What's the next letter in the sequence?

S - I - ___

or, in French :

S - L - ___