8.29.2009

Axe to Throat

This may surprise you, but one thing that I hate more than almost anything else is writing. Not writing really, but the act of forming sentences. I often don't write on paper because I know that eventually my frustration will lead me to stab through the pad with a pen. While the price of a computer seems to prevent me from doing anything physically destructive, it really only perpetuates the problem by forcing me to suppress all of these emotions. And yeah, there are a lot of emotions, although most of them are related to anger and a feeling of worthlessness. The funny thing? 

it's that when I'm not writing, I think that I love it. I think that I'm good at it. I think, 'I should become a real writer.' 
Maybe I should become a real writer so that I can always remember how much it upsets me. But alas, I cannot afford that computer to break or those pads to stab.

2 comments:

Cole NeSmith said...

It's when I'm reading what you've written that I think you're good at it. I'm glad you've been disciplined today... no matter how frustrating.

danielle said...

this makes me thing of two things:

1. do you remember when I told mentioned that maybe you should be a writer instead of doing video stuff...randomly... like, years ago? you and scott webb thought I had lost it

2. you used to break phones until you had an iphone. think about that.