4.24.2010

locked on target

Right now I'm sitting on the balcony of our 7th story apartment. It's 9:31 in the morning. I came out here a little while ago to read the Good Book, pray, and start out my day focusing my eyes on the Lord. After a certain point, I thought I'd mix things up. So, I grabbed this computer and pulled up a little podcast from a church I used to attend ("used to" because of distance, not difference). As I was nearing the end of this message, I began to feel the presence of a sound... some might call it a beat. I figured it was a car downstairs and that it would soon leave. I sort of paused everything but my mind.
***Let me add here a simple fact that most can attest to: during movies and messages, I am very easily distracted by foreign sounds or movements.***
So, when I realized that the sound persisted, I looked downstairs. Suddenly I realized that it was music coming from what used to be the Black Box. I guess they had some 9AM dj there mixing for a bunch of early birds.
This whole thing really wasn't a bad experience, but it got my attention long enough to see an illustration:
When you're way up high, focused on worshiping the Lord, the devil may not be close enough to grab your ankle and pull you off that balcony, but he certainly knows how well sound travels, and if he can just spark your interest enough to look down for a minute, he'll do it.
It only takes one moment and one inch for a train to be off the tracks. Stay focused. Stay awake. Keep your eyes on the One you're looking to. Keep your ears tuned to His words.
smile emoticon:)

No comments: