5.19.2009

do you trust your friends


      if you want to be trusted, you should make it a practice to do what you say that you will do. meet your commitments.
      
      if you want to be trusted, you should not tell people things that aren't true.

if you regularly do things contrary to this and tell me things to mislead me... my actions that look like actions of trust are not what they appear to be. they are opportunities for many things... invitations for many things... but they are not displays of trust. I think that LOVE would be a good explanation of where these things come from. "would be" is important here. you see, I am far too reluctant in my actions for this to be totally sacrificial. perhaps as much as it is me giving you an opportunity to succeed, it is me giving you an invitation to fail once again. 

switch the placement of the words "invitation" and "opportunity," and you have something beautiful.


No comments: