11.26.2009

Freedom to Fall

This morning I was thinking about a question that has slightly confused me this past week. Are we free or aren't we?
Reading that, you probably thought one of two things: "Yes" or "yes, BUT." So what's the deal? To me, things get a little confusing in the letters. Half the time it seems to speak more poorly of discipline than it does of sin. But the part that really confused me was regardless of what I read or when I read it, I still have a spiritual discernment that let's me know that some things are undesirable. This is getting confusing... so I'll just cut to the revelation that I had this morning.

Our freedom from the law (even if we don't want to call it that) does not free us from the consequences that the law was created to protect us from.
I know, I know, that doesn't seem new... but it was new for me. I thought of it in terms of heroine.
Imagine that heroine was legalized today. Suddenly we couldn't get in trouble with the law for using it. However, our lives would be significantly harmed if we did use it. We would probably become useless to serve in the community, and might instead become a burden or die.

and that's the note I will end on. Toodles:)

1 comment:

Josh said...

Something relevant I wrote about freedom:

http://enterthesecretplace.blogspot.com/2010/01/hope-of-freedom-and-freedom-of-hope.html