9.09.2009

left overs



Do you ever go to put something together, say a table from ikea, and once finished, discover that you have several extra pieces? Maybe an extra wing-nut or shelf mount? If you're like me, you respond to this realization by saying, "ehh, that's not important anyway."

It seems that if I look deeply at why I react that way, I discover that the root is somewhere in the realm of laziness and stubbornness. Too stubborn to listen to the correction that is piled on the floor in the form of nuts and bolts. Too lazy to go back and check where I might have gone wrong. So instead I subscribe to, "I know more than the people who designed and engineered this thing, and the people who use all of the parts are fools wasting their time."

Be wise and love correction.

No comments: