9.03.2009

Unfathomable F1

Formula 1 racing is home to the most precise, technologically advanced, and expensive cars on the planet. They are also the fastest. 

I wanted one when I was younger. The Ferrari. It didn't matter which year, the Ferraris were always the best. I remember the days when my reaction to something being fast was to compare it to an F1 car and try to decide if it could win in a race. 

As the years went by and experience and knowledge began to grow, I started to think about certain things that I never considered. Eventually, after valet jobs, car incidents (close calls, not accidents), and interesting television programming, the question finally popped into my head. "

"If I got into a Formula 1 car, would I be able to drive it?"

Eventually I decided that, through trial and error, I would probably be able to get the car moving. However, the damage that I would do to the car in trying to figure it out on my own would be severe. Furthermore, my ability to visualize myself wrecking into a wall at top speed comes much easier than my ability to visualize a successfully completed race lap. 



So what's my point? 

An F1 car without the knowledge and understanding of how to use it is useless in a race. 
I feel like I've seen a lot of people in my lifetime that own F1 cars.
Every now and then I'll find somebody who's training to be a driver.
On the rarest of occasions.............. I'll hear the whine of an F1 car at top speed........... and I'll wonder where it's going.